Established in 1949 under the Jaipur Companies Act, 1942; the Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI) has completed 69 years of its useful existence and dedicated service. It is the Apex Organisation of Industry and Trade in Rajsathan. The Divisional Chambersof Commerce and Industry located in different regions, namely Jaipur, Marwar (Jodhpur), Hadoti (Kota), Udaipur and Mewar (Bhilwara), along with more than 300 Product Manufacturing Associations, Professional Bodies and Organisations of Micro-level Entrepreneurs including Handicraft and Handloom Manufacturing Associations, Federatin of mining Associations of Rajasthan, Federation of Association f small Industries of Rajasthan and Federatin of Organisations of Rajasthan Exporters are affiliated with it. Besides these, District Industries Associations, District Industries Associations, District Vyapar Mandals, Foodgrain Associations and Industrial Area Associations too are affiliated.
Connections with Chambers of other Countries
RCCI is also well connected with other countries’ Chambers like Calgary Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Singapore Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Thai Chamber of Commerce & Industry etc. and has joint working agreements with them.
Collaborative Project with Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation
RCCI has been facilitating a collaborative Project with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland through its Agency, Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation (SDC) for “Poverty Alleviation through Job Creation” for the last 9 years and the same is in final stages now.
Rajasthan Chapter of India Council of Arbitration (ICA)
RCCI is also Local Chapter of ICA to settle any disputes or differences, whatsoever, arising between parties through arbitration in accordance with, the Rules of Arbitration. Honorary Secretary General of RCCI is the Chairman of the RCCI Arbitration Committee.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE CHAMBER
- The main Objectives for which RCCI has been established encompass:
- To promote trade, commerce, industry and mining in the state of Rajasthan in particular, and the country in general.
- To coordinate with various authorities of Government, local bodies, National Chambers, Committees, Financial Institutions etc. on all matters affecting trade, commerce, industry, manufacturing and banking etc.
- To alleviate poverty through development and promotion of micro enterprises in selected sectors.
- To organize seminars, symposia and workshops on different subjects of interest to Industry, Trade and Commerce.
- To maintain effective interaction with Central and State Governments, Financial Institutions, NGOs and Departmental Agencies for effective implementation of socio-economic and industrial promotional projects and policies.
- To serve as an effective information bureau for trade and industry.
- To organize, conduct and /or participate in national and international exhibitions, seminars, conferences, workshops,, social welfare camps etc.
- To establish liaison with trade representatives, trade organizations, and associations of foreign countries in India or outside India to facilitate study tours and exchange visits.
- To help establish import-export consortia, organize subcontracting exchange, common or joint
marketing agencies, etc.